It is frustrating when LG monitor speakers are not working properly. There are few potential reasons for this problem and it can be because of the technical problem within the monitor itself or incorrect settings applied on your monitor audio settings.
To troubleshoot this issue, I will share some causes of LG monitor speaker problems and provide some possible solutions to fix audio issues on your LG monitor.
It does not matter if you are using your LG monitor for work, entertainment or gaming, it is important to have reliable audio to fully enjoy the experience of the monitor. With some troubleshooting steps, you will be able to get the LG monitor speakers working again.
How To Fix LG Monitor Speakers Not Working
You can try out these possible steps to fix the audio issues, these steps does not require any additional software or equipments and it can be done with your current monitor setup.
- Check the audio output on your LG monitor if it is set to the correct device, also check the volume levels from OSD menu. Further, check the audio settings on your PC to make sure that the correct device is selected as the default output.
- Sometimes a simple restart can fix such minor issues with your LG monitor. In this case, I would recommend you to turn off the monitor and wait for a few seconds, then power it up again.
- Double check the cables connecting monitor and PC or other audio devices are securely plugged and not damaged. I would also recommend that you replug all the cables as it can be a possible solution to fix audio issues.
- If the speakers on your LG monitor are not working properly, one of the possible problems can be drivers. Check for driver updates and make possible changes that you think can fix audio issues.
- The speakers system on your LG monitor can be faulty. Try using external speakers with the monitor. If the speakers work fine, then the issue is likely with the built-in speakers on the monitor.
- Do not keep multiple audio devices connected. If you keep multiple devices like external speakers or headphones connected to the monitor, you may experience conflicts that can cause audio issues on your LG monitor. Try using one device at a time.
- There can be power issues as well, so the monitor might not be getting enough power to make it function properly. For this, try plugging in the monitor again to the power outlet. If the speakers still do not work, try connecting the monitor with different power outlet.
These steps are possible solution to the issue, and if the issue still persists, I highly recommend that you seek help from the guys at LG as early as possible. Issue like unstable power supply can completely damage the monitor over time. Hence, contacting LG customer care is the best option you can try.
Does Your LG Monitor Have Speakers?
Before stressing out or trying out any troubleshooting steps, I highly recommend that you once confirm if the LG monitor you are using really has built-in speakers. Because that varies from model to model and some might have speakers while some might not have.
1. Check Speaker Icon & Labels
Search for any icons or tags on the monitor body to find out the certification of speakers because many monitors have minor speakers that are hard to find. In this case, the best thing you can do is lookout for such stickers on the body of the monitor or the box it came in.
2. Study Specifications
Search for specifications of your current model online or on the manufacturer’s website. You can also search in the manual book or sites like Display Specifications can help you find correct specs.
3. Test Speakers
I would recommend that you play some speakers test on the monitor. You can play some audio or search for audio test online to possibly figure out whether you monitor has speakers or not.
If your LG monitor does not have built-in speakers, you can still play audio by connecting external speakers or headphones to the 3.5mm audio jack on the monitor. Most modern monitors have dual audio jack for input and output, so it highly likely that your monitor also has the same.
How Do I Get Sound on My LG Monitor?
If your monitor does not have speakers or sound is not coming even after trying out all the troubleshooting steps, you can connect external speakers or headphones for temporary solution. This will enable your monitor to produce sound while watching videos or can get the job done for online meetings and stuff.
There are several ways to get audio on your LG monitor depending on the system you use and features you have. However, below methods are most common which will make it easy to get sound.
- If your PC does not have audio jack, you can use the 3.5mm audio jack of your monitor to connect speakers or headphones. All you have to do is simply plug the speakers into the audio jack and change the output to HDMI or DisplayPort from your PC.
- If you own a smart monitor, then it will support Bluetooth connectivity, you can pair connection it with a portable Bluetooth speaker and use it to play audio.
- If your monitor does not have audio jack or built-in speakers, one last thing you can do is install an audio jack or get a Bluetooth stick for your PC.
You can try out these possible issue to get audio for some time, but if your monitor has built-in speakers, and they are not working, the first thing you should do is get support from LG care as quickly as possible.
That’s a Wrap!
Speakers not working is a common issue and a lot of fellow buyers face this initially, and can be solved quickly if the issue is not big like faulty component or something like that. We shared some possible solutions, causes, and ways to get audio for temporary basis.
If this guide helped you get audio back on your LG monitor, do let us know other readers in the comments, what steps did you try so that it will be easy for everyone to escalate this issue as easy and quickly as possible.