Well there has been a lot of debate lately regarding if TVs can be used as computer monitors. I am not a big fan of this idea, but there are consumers who prefer using TVs as their computer monitors.
Television is a must in every home in today’s era and I believe people are starting to get used to 4K displays as they are getting cheaper and more accessible.
One of the most popular TVs right now is the HiSense Roku TV and it comes in different sizes i.e. 43″, 50″, 55″, 65″.
If you own this TV, you might have thought of connecting it with your computer, laptop, or gaming console. In this article I will provide you the complete solution of using your HiSense Roku TV as computer monitor.
Can You Use HiSense Roku TV as a PC Monitor?
Many people have this question regarding HiSense Roku TV if it can be used as a monitor. Yes, the HiSense Roku TV can be used as a monitor of your PC or laptop.
HiSense Roku TV can be connected with any Android, iOS, Windows device, but it should have an HDMI out port.
If your work is getting is hectic, you can connect the Roku TV with your laptop or PC to extend the display for better productivity.
If you are free and want to kill time, the Roku TV can also be used as your gaming monitor to play games and it can deliver an immersive gaming experience.
The HiSense Roku TV can be connected to your PC or laptop with wired HDMI connection as well as wirelessly.
How to Connect HiSense Roku TV with PC or Laptop?
1. The HiSense Roku TV has three HDMI 2.0 ports on the back-side of the display that support [email protected]
2. You will need an HDMI cable to make connection between the TV and PC.
3. Before that, check whether you have at least a single HDMI port free because you might have connected a streaming device or gaming console.
4. Plug the one end of the HDMI cable on the TV and the other end on the PC.
5. Your PC will identify the display automatically.
6. For further settings and display arrangement, go to Settings > Display in Windows to access the display settings.
7. On Mac, CMD+Space > Type System Preferences > Displays
8. Your Roku TV is now ready to use as a computer monitor.
How to Use HiSense Roku TV Wirelessly as a Monitor?
You can also use your HiSense TV wirelessly as a computer monitor, but it is not the most effective and I will not recommend this all the time because of the delay of input.
Here are the step to connect your ROKU TV wirelessly with a Windows device.
1 First of all open the Screen Mirroring screen on the TV by going in Settings.
2. On your Windows PC, go to Settings > Display > Connect to a Wireless Display.
3. A list of wireless display will be shown on your PC.
4. Click on your TV name to establish wireless connection.
5. You will be asked to accept the connection on your TV.
6. Click on ‘Allow’ to confirm the connection.
That’s a Wrap!
I hope you got the answer of your question, and I think this is the easiest way to use your HiSense TV as a computer monitor. There are several benefits of using your TV as a monitor and first is that it will save your few bucks.
We think the large screens can take your computing experience to the next level, especially with the high resolution 4K screens. However, the large screens can be bad for your eyes only if you sit too close or do not enable the eye-care features.