If you have just purchased a Dell monitor or own one, you may be experiencing button issues on your Dell monitor, which is why you landed here.
It is quite frustrating when the OSD menu buttons are not working, do not worry, we have got you covered, we have a few possible steps to fix this issue without requiring any professional expert or special equipment.
In this guide, we will share various potential causes of OSD button issues along with some troubleshooting steps to get your buttons working again. You can try below steps if your OSD buttons are not working, or the OSD menu not responding.
So if you are looking to fix your Dell monitor OSD buttons, read on for more information.
Follow these simple steps to fix your Dell monitor OSD buttons. Do note that these steps might work for some and might not work for some. Refer the troubleshooting tips below to fix your faulty OSD buttons:
- Make sure that the monitor is plugged in properly and turned on. It might sound basic, but sometimes such small mistakes can cause issues, so it is worth checking before moving to any technical troubleshooting steps.
- Resetting the OSD can sometimes fix all the monitor related issues. For resetting, turn off the monitor and unplug it from power source. After that, press and hold the power button for 15 seconds. Finally, plug the monitor into the power source and turn it on.
- If the above step does not work, check if the buttons are stuck due to any damage. if this is the case, you will need to get them repaired at a authorised service center.
- Having old firmware on the monitor can also cause such issues. If the problem is with the firmware, you will need to update it to the latest version. To update, visit Dell’s official website and search for your monitor model. If there is an update, follow the instructions there to update the firmware to latest version.
- If none of these steps work for you, the last thing you can do is apply for replacement. If you are still under warranty, I would highly recommend that you get this fixed ASAP.
These are possible troubleshooting steps that I think should get the OSD buttons fixed. If not, the primary cause is faulty part within the monitor.
Some monitors have built-in feature to lock OSD buttons on the monitor. This feature is called OSD Lockout feature. It is for preventing mistaken presses and you can use this feature to prevent unintended changes to the display settings by using this locking feature.
It might be the case that you might have mistakenly turned on the locking feature, and it might be causing the OSD buttons to stop functioning.
To unlock the buttons on your Dell monitor, follow these steps:
- Look for the Menu button on your monitor, it might be on the side or on the back depending on the model. It is a button with small picture of a monitor or menu icon.
- Press and hold the Menu button for few seconds until the message appears on the screen OSD Unlock.
- In the same way, you can also press and hold the button for locking. This way you can use the OSD button locking feature.
Still, if the OSD buttons are not working, they might be damaged. In this case, I would recommend that you get them repaired.
Dell Monitor Has Power But No Display
If you think your Dell monitor is receiving power, but does not display image or turn on, below information might help you fix the issue and get your OSD buttons working again.
1. Check the Connection
Checking the connection is first step before trying any troubleshooting steps. Make sure the cable connecting your PC or laptop with the monitor is securely plugged at both ends. If you are using an HDMI or VGA cable, try using the different cable or port. Also make sure that the HDMI cable complies with HDMI version of your PC.
2. Incorrect Display Settings
Incorrect display settings might be causing this issue. It is recommended to check for correct resolution and refresh rate from the settings. In Windows, you can access Display Settings by right clicking on the Desktop. While in MacOS, you will need to go in System Preferences.
3. Wrong Power Settings
Wrong power setting might be causing this issue. If the PC or laptop you are using is set to sleep mode, then it would not send any display signals to the monitor. To fix this issue, wake your PC or laptop up from sleep or hibernate mode and if the display works.
4. Check Power Supply
If the display is not turning on, it might be the problem with unstable power supply. Try plugging the monitor in different power supply and check if the monitor works correctly. If you suspect this is the case, you may need to bring an electrician to get this problem fixed.
5. Check the Monitor Itself
If none of the above troubleshooting steps work for you, then the problem should be with the monitor itself. In this case, I would recommend contacting customer care for further help.
That’s a Wrap!
I hope that this guide helped you get the OSD buttons fixed on your monitor. It is usual to have such small problems like this which can be fixed at your home only without requiring any professional help or pro equipment.
Do mention what you did and what steps worked for you in the comments, so that it will be easy for other readers to do the same.